Wednesday, September 29, 2010

September 20th Email

I cant wait for this weekend, to watch General Conference! (I am hoping I will be able to hear it in English! It is weird, when the Prophet has a different voice!)
We were able to assist the general broadcast of the Relief Society. It was amazing! I LOVE hearing from our leaders, and the Prophet. I am always amazed at how everything I need to hear.. is said!

So... we had the baptism of Thalison! He is a 12 year old boy, and his parents are separated but both are members. His dad is active, and his mom inactive. He was so excited to finally be able to be baptized! We had a few complications on Saturday, and ended up doing it on Sunday morning. But it was still special and a great day!

Other than that, we have still just been knocking a lot of doors. We were with a member one day, and he was all, "hey I have a friend that lives on this one street that is a little far away, do you want to go?" We said sure! And he led us there. We ended up in a part of this subdivision, that we didnt even know existed! It was funny! SO... we have been working there a little bit, and have been able to teach the Restoration a little bit more, but most of the people already have a church, and don't want to visit the true church! It is frustrating, and I wish I could do more... but I will have to just keep doing my part, and planting the seeds :)

Lets see... it is almost officially summer again... can you talk about HOT?? It is getting hotter and hotter each day... I seriously am going to be a popsicle when I show up at the Salt Lake Airport! Yikes! Anyway... I love you all and hope you are having a great fall!!

Love, Sister Porath

No comments:

Post a Comment