Sunday, March 7, 2010

Wednesday, February 25

Hey! Aw… it is always so great to get emails! This week was another good one :) Lots of rain, and lots of work. We have talked to a billion people, invited them to church, and asked them to listen to a message. But most of them had an excuse and we are still at level zero in the teaching process. It is kind of frustrating because we are working so hard! We even had 2 other sisters, Sister Viana (who got here with me) and Sister Moyle (who I met in the MTC and she got here one transfer after me) staying with us at our house and working with us everyday. With 4 of us, we were able to always be finding new people, while the other 2 taught people that accepted. I had the chance to go out with Sister Moyle a couple of the days and it was scary! Just us 2 Americans, with 6 months or so here in Brazil… out doing the work! BUT it was a huge growing experience for me. I had to actually converse with the people, and start and end the lessons, which I hadn’t really been doing at all cuz my companion always does it. So I got more confident with the language and realized how much I really do know! SO even though we don’t really have any investigators right now, the work is going well and I am still happy :) Oh and another really simple silly experience I had this week… so with the rain- the energy always gets shut off! One night, we were sleeping, but the energy turned off. And with this- off went my fan. I of course woke up sweating… checked my clock (that runs on batteries) and it was only 2:30. I thought I was going to die! I was so hot, and couldn’t sleep. SO I got up and got my hair wet… that helped a little. I laid back down and still couldn’t sleep. So I prayed for the energy to come back so that the fan would come on and I could sleep… annnnnd like 2 seconds later… it turned on! It was super simple, but I know that God is always there even in those moments for us! I am so grateful for this gospel! Annnnnd for all of you! Love, Sister Porath

No comments:

Post a Comment