Monday, June 7, 2010

Update!!

Its been a little slacked here... we will try and get it up to date :)

Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 18:41:18 -0300
Subject: Its JUNE!!!
Hard to believe it is June already! On Saturday... I will hit my 10 month mark! And I know I keep saying this... it is winter now, but, it really isnt any different at all! It isnt even raining like it should.. I think all the moisture is heading to the northern hemisphere with the snow that you guys got last week!

This week, I want to write about Adriana. She is a 22 year old woman who is really really neat. She is living with a man, the dad of her son, but they need to get married. She has been going to church and reading the scriptures and she said ever since the first lesson, things in her life have gotten better! Her and her husband get along better, she has more patience and peace in her life. She is amazing! She wants to help her little sister and already has a testimony of the church.

We are also teaching a young woman named Patricia. She seems really interested, but she was sick on Sunday and didnt go to church. She is 1 6 and has already lived with a man, not to mention he was 40, but it didnt work out so she moved back home. She is in a rush to get married it seems like, so her and her boyfriend are going to come to church on Sunday she said. I really hope they do! She always has questions about everything... it is good!

We taught a lady named Angela... but she was a little creepy. In the middle of the lesson, she stopped me and asked if she could tell us about her life. We said sure! So.. she started talking and told us that... she sees things. And hears voices.. and we kinda got really freaked out! We hurried and finished the lesson, so that we could leave. When we were about to say the closing prayer, her husband showed up. So we waited for him to come in and get settled, then we prayed. We stood up to leave and they offered us cake and soda... but we kindly said no thanks and ran as far as we could!! It was crazy!

Speaking of crazy... I think I have lost a lot of my smartness I had. So we were walking down the street and I saw a low hanging power line. I have ALWAYS wanted to touch one... but word to the wise.. never touch one!!! I let my curiousity get to me and I touched it super quickly. Nothing happened, so I touched it a little bit more. Still, nothing happened, so we just kept walking. A few seconds later I felt this sharp pain in the back of my head. I asked my companion if there was a bug or something in my hair, she checked it and said, "No... why??" I explained to her that it was hurting... still... and then it clicked. The electric current had gone through my whole body and I got the shock in my head!! It was a weird feeling... But I offer a bit of advice...Listen to what you have always been taught and never touch a power line!!

On a more serious note, there was a recent convert that we talked to this week. It was really sad, she didnt go to church on Sunday, so she was telling us why. She had gotten in a fight with her husband, and it was a bad fight. She is now trying to decide if she should stay with him or not. I am praying for her everyday, I know she would be better of without him. She already has such a strong testimony (she has been baptized for 2 months now) and she is only 22 with a 5 year old daughter. She promised she wont stray from the church, and she reckognizes that all of these trials are the enemy trying to get her to not stay stong in the church. She is amazing. Her name is Nil. After she told us all that happened, we prayed with her. I started crying because I really felt the pain that she was feeling. I want to be able to help people have a better life and not have to deal with so many problems like this. Next my companion started crying, and then Nil cried. It was a good moment, the spirit was there too. I think she is doing better now, and I know she will stay strong and not let anyting get in the way of being a faithful member of t he Church of Jesus Christ.

I hope that we can all remember the importance of all the little things that we do. The church really is true, it is perfect and Christ is the head. He leads us each and every day.
Elder Cook said this this last conference,
"If we want the inspirationof the Holy Ghost, we need to slow down , listen, be worthy, and follow the promptings. "

I am so grateful to be here and to be able to help these people have better lives, recieve the blessings of the gospel, and eventually return and live with our Heavenly Father. :)

I love and miss you all! Have a great week!!

Love, Sister Porath

P.S. CONGRATS to the grads!!!! Kinsey... my sister is graduating from high school!!!! Also my cousins... some friends... :) Parabéns!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment