Thursday, December 31, 2009




Hey! It has been a long week! Christmas was great! SO different, but so great to talk to my family! I got a package from my mom and stepdad, and one from my dad and stepmom, the day before Christmas Eve! It was super exciting. We were able to spend Christmas Eve with a few other missionaries, at a members house. They made a TON of food for us and we had a little message, and watched Joy To The World. It was neat. Christmas day we had lunch with the Bishop and his family and then I basically just talked to my family the rest of the day! We had a wedding at the church that night, a cute young couple. It was fun to be there with everyone. The people here celebrate it, but it isn't anything special, just another holiday (they have a billion!) Other than that, We had transfers this week!! Both my companion and I were certain she would be transferred because she hás been here in this área for a long time, but... she stayed! And.. I stayed too! So we will be together for another 6 weeks. We are excited and ready to work hard and teach, help, and baptize! I am learning lots... one of the big things I learned the past couple of weeks is that even if we have faith, we need to do ALL that we can to work towards what we want. If we only go halfway, our faith wont be enough to make up for the rest. :)I love you all and hope you had a great Christmas, and hope you have a super fun New Years Eve! Love, Sister Porath


The Pictures.... Elder Shawcroft, Elder Gabriel, Me, Sister Zorzo in front of a huge Christmas tree made out of 2 liter bottles! It is really pretty!


Christmas Eve, with a family, Sister Costa, Me, Sister Zorzo, Sister Oliveira, Elder Guerra, Elder Luis and Elder Thomson.

No comments:

Post a Comment