Sunday, November 8, 2009

This week was good! But on Saturday, it is going to be one of the best days in the mission so far! We have been teaching a family, and they are going to be baptized! We are having a big wedding too. A lady is making a big cake, and we are going to have it all decorated, I am so excited! This family is AmAzInG! The dad quit drinking alcohol, the mom quit drinking coffee, and the kids are 14, 11, 10, and 5. We have been teaching them every day and it has been so neat to watch them learn and grow spiritually and gain testimonies. I know they will remain strong, and the dad will be a leader here in the area. Not much else has happened, we just walk a ton, teach a lot, and sweat even more! We had a baptism last Saturday as well, a 15 year old girl. She is really excited and loves coming to church, and the activities. I wish I could carry a video recorder for a whole day so you guys could see what it is like here. It is so different. The other day I killed 2 cockroaches and we found a dead(luckily!) lizard about a foot long…. In our back porch area! The other day, we were walking back from lunch… My companion was on the phone, I was following her, and watching my feet to make sure I didn’t step in anything and I ran into a tree! I don’t even know how it happened, but it scratched my face! My companion is awesome, she is really forward and blunt and isn’t afraid to tell people it is their salvation that they don’t have time for, or care to change for. We laugh a lot, cry a little, and eat a lot of sweets! Haha well… we crave them.. and try to eat them when we can! I hope all is well with everyone, I cant believe it is November!! Keep smiling :)Love, Sis. Porath
Where is Drew going to go to school? Oh tell Mike… everyone here has a water storage tank! Because sometimes the city will just shut off the water…. I remembered that he thought it would be a good idea to invent that. How is his work going? Kins finally emailed me last week, it made me so excited! She didn’t reply yet, so hopefully next week. My comp wants to marry Kyler! Haha Things are good, different and hard, but I am still alive right! Here is more Christmas stuff… we only get letters like once every 3 weeks so hopefully I will get yours soon with the pics! Thanks for everything… I am getting more used to things, and am curious to know if I will be transferred or not. I think I will be fine either way. I know it will be harder with a Brazilian companion that doesn’t know English, but it will force me to improve. I better run, but tell everyone hi and thanks! Love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment