Thursday, April 9, 2009

...please don't take...my sunshine away...


I have been SO emotional lately, I have no clue why. I was sitting here with the twins, and their mom, dad, brother, and sisters called and wanted to talk to them. They are 2 and didn't talk super well on the phone, but when their mom and dad started singing this song, they filled in the words. It was SO cute. I teared up. I have never actually thought about the meaning of this song. A good friend of mine, a mom, an old neighbor, died a couple of weeks ago. She has 5 kids at home, from age 5 to 16. I am going to start tending them after school until their dad gets home, and be with them all day everyday this summer while he is at work. I am looking forward to it but everytime I think about their family, I tear up. I know it is going to be so hard for all of them to move on in life- ah anyway. Here are the lyrics to the rest of the song, and I just wanted to share it because it made me smile that these twin girls would sing it back to their mom. It helped me see how deep the love these parents have for their kids is, how much they miss them when they're away, and it just really touched my heart.

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
you make me happy when skies are grey
you'll never know dear how much I love you
please don't take my sunshine away

The other night dear as I lay sleeping
I dreamed I held you in my arms
when I awoke dear I was mistaken
and I held my head and cried

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
you make me happy when skies are grey
you'll never know dear how much I love you
please don't take my sunshine away

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
you make me happy when skies are grey
you'll never know dear how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away

2 comments:

  1. okay Squirt Blossom !! I am surprised to find out you are just hearing of this song, or maybe you didn't know but that is your Grandma Jeanne's favorite song of all time !! Now that you know all the words, call her and sing it to her! Bet she would love that eh?
    Love ya Kiddo, Aunt Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiley... I love your blog. Your so good with words, it was so fun to read. How was Texas? I'll see you soon!

    ReplyDelete