Thursday, October 8, 2009

Maceio!!

Hey! We get 200 Reis, which is roughly $100 a month. For food and everything so I hope it will last right. I would love to serve in an orphanage too. If I still have more free single adult time... I really want to do it! Thanks for the advice, I love you! Wow! I love Maceio! Yesterday was such a great day, we flew out, were greeted by President and Sister Beynon (who definately knew I was coming, and were so excited for me to come!) They are amazing! I am so grateful to be serving with them. President said this first transfer I am going to need to remind myself to survive. Everyday, and then it will get easier and I will be able to serve with all of my heart! My companion, Sister Englert, is amazing! She knows English, but is from the southern part of Brazil. She is such an awesome missionary, really confident. I cant wait to learn everything from her and be just like her. After going to the mission home for lunch, orientation and meeting everyone, we headed to our apartment. It is little and just cement walls, tiled floor... very humble. I even saw my first cockroach run under my bed. Ah! haha But we arrived there, and sat down and she said, Lets get to work! So we pulled out the area book and read about the investigators in the area (because she was transferred here too, so we both dont know where anything is, and I dont know the language!) and we planned who we would go meet, and teach. We didnt even know where they lived. But she just asked people on the way. And then we ran into a lady and her 2 kids who are members. Danielle is a 9 year old girl and she showed us where the streets and houses were that we were looking for to teach them. She even sat through all of the lessons with us. I will never forget this sweet girl and all that she did for us. It was a simple miracle. I am so excited to be here and to do this work everyday! I know it will be hard, but it will be so worth it! We even have a lady, who the other missionaries taught and she was going to be baptised on the 24th, but my companion asked her to move it up, so she is going to get baptized this week I think! SO neat! I love this work and am so excited and grateful to be here. The weather is nice, very sunny (I am glad, I missed the sun while I was in Sao Paulo) But also hot, we havent been out in it too much because it was dark last night at 7 when we went out. So today will be the test, but there is also a breeze which is nice. I am in the area that is farthest from downtown, big city, beach! But it is fine, it is kind of like the countryside and all of the houses are little, and the roads are very bumpy and all dirt. My p-day is now wednesday as you can probably tell. I was so lucky and blessed to have a letter and package waiting for me at the mission home!! :) The package was from my teacher at the CTM, Irma Erika... she is SUCH a neat girl! I miss her already and hope she is doing well :) It had candy, sunscreen, toothbrush stuff. notebook, pens... so many things that I need! I am so grateful to have had her as my teacher, and now as a friend! I will only be able to get mail every 3 weeks or so, but would still love to get lots :) I do know that when I am more focused here, and know the language better, it will be easier to forget myself, and not worry/think about things at home or with all of my friends, and just serve 100% and put my whole heart into it. I know this will prove to be the best time of my life if I can to that! Conference.... What an amazing little shove out the MTC doors and into the field.... oh boy! It was amazing! I swear each time it gets better and better. And I felt like all of it applied to missionary work! I know we need to have the spirit... and the way we can do that is by being obedient. An elder at the MTC gave me and my comps a blessing before we all left. I was blessed with health and strength IF I am obedient. I know this will be true and I am trying my best! I am so so grateful to be here, I know this is where I should be, I love this gospel so much! I love you all! Have an awesome week.... take a picture of the changing leaves for me :) Love, Sister Porath

No comments:

Post a Comment